Thursday 10 September 2015

7 Heaven Burger & Waffle

I saw this place advertised on groupon so decided that me and my other half would try it for half price burgers. Now what I didn't realise was that it was just for the burger, chips and other add ons are extra. Whist this is good if you just fancy a burger I'd rather just have a meal.

The restaurant is in the centre of the city giving it a prime location for customers. If you know Norwich it is near the market and Jarolds. It is a small establishment with around 6/7 tables but the decor is nice and inviting and a little rustic.

I loved the fact they they source their produce locally and made their own sauces and pickles (they do have Heinz Ketchup for the fussy ones though). I regularly cycle past the bakery which they get their brioche buns from, it's good to see local businesses helping each other out.

The woman that seated us and took our order was polite, friendly and offered us cushions for the chairs, which I thought was nice. My boyfriend didn't want his so I had two, extra comfy compared to the wooden chair.

I tried the 7Infusion, a sticky soy patty, corriander & wasabi mayo, tempura bean shoots topped with an Asian salad and nam doc dressing served in brioche buns sourced from Ketts Hill Bakery. The wasabi mayo was amazing as was really falvourful and a little spicy just how I like it. The tempura bean shoots could have been a little crisper but still a nice accomplishment to go with the burger. I tried their home made dirty sauce which was delicious and would definitely have again or try to find a recipe similar to have some at home.

My boyfriend had the 7Chicks, Southen fried chicken with fennel and savoy slaw, lettuce, tomato and our own sweetcorn mayo served in brioche buns. His looked nice as well ans the bite I had of it tasted good. the chicken was moist inside the crispy outside.
The onion rings were gorgeous, I have a soft spot for homemade onion rings especially if they are really crispy, the only issue with them is that they get cold quickly (happens to them all). However there was plenty to share which meant that we got through them before they were to cold.

My only issues was that the portion of chips were a little small for the price of £2.50 but then again we decided to share a portion so would have been just enough for one. As well as that the food was served on plastic plates which made it fell a little cheap in my opinion. If I'm paying to eat in a restaurant I kinda want to eat off of proper plates, but doesn't make the food any less good.


Over all with the Groupon voucher we spent £12.45 for two people (not including any drinks though). Which is a really good price considering we saved £7 from the offer. Was a nice change from our usual date night of going to weatherspoons and if I had an offer to go there again I would happily go back as really want to try their trotter burger and their alcoholic milkshakes.

Keep Loving Food

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment