Monday 31 August 2015

Butterflies Coffee Shop - Norwich Camping & Leisure


Came to this little place inside Norwich Camping and Leisure, Blofield, Norwich with my grandparents as they had previously been here for lunch and said it was good. We were lucky to get a table for four as was very busy at 1pm. It was pouring with rain and was nice to sit inside (however there was a small leak in the roof and a small amount of rain got in). The coffee shop was inside the Camping centre which was made out of a small brick building and an extension made of what I would describe as an industrial greenhouse, this is where the coffee shop was located. 

They had a counter that was filled with homemade cakes. There was a wide range and
we had plenty to choose from if we wanted a sweet treat. There were chocolate tarts, Victoria sponge, coffee cake, carrot, cake, a giant batternberg, millionaire shortbread and some pies, as well as some flapjack looking things.


There was a good selection of sandwiches, jacket potato and some quiches and salads for lunch. I had a pot of tea whist my sister had a cloudy lemonade as they had a decent range of drinks but it wasn't the cheapest place I have eaten in but brilliant if you wanted to look around the camping and leisure centre.


More about Butterflies Coffee Shop Below...


My Grandparents decided that they would have the a quiche, my Grandma had cheese and onion and my Grandpa had ham and cheese.


I went for the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches (toasted) and my sister had tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches (toasted) which came with homemade coleslaw and a small salad. The sandwiches were nice, they had a decent filling, perfect for a light lunch. I'm not usually a fan of coleslaw but their one was really delicious and didn't have that strange aftertaste some have.


Me and My sister then had 2 pieces of cake to share: a banana cake and a chocolate tart.



These cakes looked really nice however they were a little dry so we bought (50p extra) some cream to help loosen it up. This really did the trick and the Chocolate tart was much nicer and quite indulgent. The banana cake was extremely banana-y and tasted very nice but like the chocolate tart was a bit dry. Wouldn't get the cakes again but would have lunch there if down that way.


Keep Loving Food 
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Was in your cafe today and was most disappointed, my husband and I ordered jacket potato, and I had to complain as the potatoes were cooked yesterday and were terrible,not only that you go lattice one slice of cucumber a quarter of a tomato and a teaspoon of coleslaw,it was a child’s portion, we have been many times and never got this service before also I noticed the staff were very young girls with no experience. I won’t be coming back .mrs James

    ReplyDelete